In this episode, I talk about why our world and education system needs healing. I go back through history to explore how Australia has inherited some habits that need healing and muse on the purpose of compulsory school education.
Janine Meadley is an experienced educator with a background in performing arts and well-being. She has worked in classrooms, policy making, curriculum design and educational leadership training. Her current passion is finding solutions to heal the people and systems in education so that they can go on to heal the world.
Your homework: Think about what’s going well in education and what the ingredients for real success might be. Why would you continue to send kids to school?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- Do Schools Kill Creativity – Dr Ken Robinson
- RSA ANIMATE: Changing Education Paradigms – Dr Ken Robinson
- The Conversation: History repeating: the surprising link between toxic masculinity and Australia’s convict past
- The Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- UNESCO – Our Vision: Transforming Education for Humanity
- Check out our Episode 1 Pinterest board
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Loved this episode? Find more here.