In this episode, I’m joined by Barbara J Smith, from ZPD School and Curriculum Design. Listen to Barbara talk about how we can better attract and retain teachers and manage school budgets to make the difference that students and teachers need.
Listen to Episode 1 (Season 2)
Barbara J Smith is a passionate educator who enjoys challenging boundaries. Barbara’s background includes over forty years in public, charter, independent and international schools. She has started three schools and has been a teacher, principal, consultant, trustee, and teacher educator at Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, McGill University and the University of Saskatchewan teaching faculties and graduate schools. Barbara now spends her time writing, supporting schools and school systems and sharing her ideas on how to make bold changes in education on a global level.
- Consider: How can you create spaces to be creative? How can you bring in new ideas?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- ZPD School and Curriculum Design
- Barbara J Smith’s books on Amazon
- John Dewey
- Elliot Eisner
- Lev Vygotsky
- Alfie Kohn
- Malcolm Gladwell – Outliers (book)
- Michael Thompson 0 Raising Cain (book)
- Eric Sheninger – UnCommon Learning (book)
- Michael Fullan
- Douglas Reeves
- Habits of Mind
- Jack Miller
- Carol Dweck – Growth Mindset
- Ted Spear
- Jennifer Fraser 0 The Bullied Brain (book)
- Lave & Wenger – Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation (article)
- The Dr Eric Jackman Institute of Child Study
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Loved this episode? Find more here.
Apple Podcasts · Stitcher · Spotify · More…