Janine, host of the Teacher Healer podcast, talks about her recent experiences with breathwork and cold therapy and how these regulate the autonomic nervous system and could be used to improve the way we create a new normal post-pandemic.
Janine Meadley is an experienced educator with a background in performing arts and well-being. She has worked in classrooms, policy making, curriculum design and educational leadership training. Her current passion is finding solutions to heal the people and systems in education so that they can go on to heal the world.
Your homework: How could you use cold therapy and breathwork to come back into your parasympathetic nervous system, and how could you support the children in your life to do the same?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- Wim Hof Official
- Good Lab – The Wim Hof Method
- Healthline: Wim Hof and breathwork
- Fight Flight Freeze Response
- Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Box Breathing
- What is Yoga Nidra?
- Cool 2Be Conscious
- Podcast: Why We’ll Never Be the Same Again (and Why It’s Time to Talk About It)
- Check out Episode 9 on our Pinterest board
Image by Cool 2 Be Conscious
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Loved this episode? Find more here.