In this episode, I’m joined by my friend and colleague, Jarryd Bendall. Jarryd speaks about teachable moments, the systemic challenges for teachers and creative the possibilities for education.
Jarryd Bendall is a primary teacher and education writer with a dark and mysterious history in stand up comedy. He loves poetry, writing and illustrating children’s picture books and wearing cowboy boots on a daily basis.
Your homework: Think about how you can be more generous towards yourself in your practice. What is your measure of success? What makes for a good day or good lesson?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- The Island by Armin Greder
- Tribes know better how to raise well-adjusted children
- Children’s Rights, Simplified
- Drama for Learning – Dorothy Heathcote
- Check out our Episode 4 Pinterest board
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Loved this episode? Find more here.